You are going to
- watch a video and read text in the video
- look at an infographic about YouTube
- do some quiz comprehension activities
- practise reading quickly / scanning for information
- practise the past
- What do you know about YouTube?
- Do you use it?
- What do you watch on it?
- What is your favourite clip?
- Have you ever uploaded a clip to YouTube?
- Have you ever been "Rickrolled"? What does it mean?
Drag and drop to match the words on the left with the definitions on the right
Watch the video and answer the questions.
- Who founded YouTube?
- What gave them the idea to start the site?
- When was the first YouTube video uploaded?
- How many people use the site?
How much can you remember from the video?
Do this quiz.
Read the text below about the history of YouTube from 2005 to 2010. Don't worry if you don't understand everything. Find the answers as quickly as you can.
You can answer the questions in the interactive exercise below
- When did YouTube officially launch?
- How much did Google buy YouTube for?
- Which Queen has her own channel?
- Which famous rock band performed live on Youtube?
- How long does the average person spend on YouTube?
- How many views a day did YouTube have in 2010?
- What percentage of internet traffic does YouTube have?
- How long was the first video?
- What age group uses YouTube the most?
- How many languages does Google's Automatic Speech Recognition Technology translate?
The History of Youtube by Infographiclabs
Now answer the questions
Write / ResearchWhat's your favourite webpage on the internet?
Write a short paragraph about it.
- What is it?
- What can you do on it?
- Are there other websites like it?
- Who founded it?
- How old is it? When was it launched?
- Is it popular? How much traffic does it have?
Give you opinion of it. Say what's special about it
What are the most watched clips on YouTube?
Can you guess any?
Watch the clip below
- How many clips have you already seen?
- What activities are the people doing?